Speak to real people now
on 01626 331351 - qualified staff can provide immediate FREE advice,
to avoid unnecessary work and expense - telephone calls are at normal,
national call rates.
- Buy some of our Self Filling 'Sand'
Bags - store flat and dry, when needed just wet the bag and
the gel powder inside expands to fill it automatically. Re-Useable
- dry out and re-use as many times as you like (if hung up to dry).
1. Use an Electrical
Moisture Meter to check walls and floors - you are looking to
bring timbers below 18% and masonry below 2%, but contaminating 'salts'
may leave you with higher readings.
2. Install a Humidity
Meter to monitor the dampness in the air in the building - try
to bring the Relative Humidity below 60% on the meter.
3. Place Condensation
Test Strips on the coldest walls - these will change colour
if condensation is occurring.
4. Drill and install Dry
Rot Sensors in wet walls and wood - these will change colour
if Dry Rot becomes active.
5. Sterilise walls and floors
with Sterilising Solution - to
kill bacteria and viruses, from sewage
6. Neutralise salts in plaster
using Salt Neutraliser before plastering
or lining - this 'kills' the salt - salt tends to suck moisture from
the air, making walls damp and ruining decorations.
7. Repair timber floor joists
with Bower Beam repair
plates - joist ends can be saved, no need to scrap good timber.
8. Repair large floor timbers
with Timber-Resin Splice
Kits - no size or span limits, retain all sound wood.
9. Treat joists and Beams
with Boron Gel and Paste
- no need to scrap damp wood, Boron based preservatives kill all rots,
10. Seal damp concrete or
solid floors with Epoxy Seal
Coating - no need to wait until dry, full vapour barrier.
11. Damp proof walls with
Ultra Proof Cream injection DPC
- no smell, quick and clean to install.
12. Tank all below ground
walls with Tanking Slurry coating
- easy to apply waterproof paint, water based.
13. Replaster partly damaged
walls with Renderproof
in sand and cement - this concentrate acts as a waterproofer, salt
inhibitor and plasticiser. The sand and cement holds back any 'salts'
in the wall, preventing damage to skim plaster and decorations.
14. Line all totally stripped
walls with Mesh Membrane - dimply,
plastic sheet - allows direct plastering or lining with boards for instant
dry walls - no need to delay decorations.
- how to use Boron based insecticides/fungicides to treat timber rots
and insect attack
- how to treat patio decks and yacht decks
- how to kill Dry Rot in buildings
- membranes for lining damp walls, floors, basements and cellars
- resins for repairing and sealing all types of masonry
- upgrade doors to 30 minutes fire resistance
- how to quickly repair joists and beams of any size
- our Home Site
- treat steel with Intumescent Paint to provide fire protection
- systems of repair, with step by step methods
- how to repair timber beams
- how to kill and prevent woodworm and death watch beetle
- all your questions and our answers about woodworm treatment DIY